21 Must Know Social Media Statistics
In the interest of giving the widest scope of field when it comes to social media, I would like to give a few stats on this very large topic. Hopefully it will help you gain a better understanding of why it is so vital that your company have a large presence in the online community:
Social Media Statistics:
- Over 80% of all Americans use a social network.
- 98% of all adolescents and young adults access social media at least once a month.
- The average Facebook user has 130 friends on the social media platform and “Likes” 80 Pages, groups, or events.
- About 75% of all Facebook users are outside of Canada, America, and Mexico.
- Almost 25% of web surfing is spent on social networks.
- The average Facebook user logs into their account about four times per week.
- The average Facebook visit is 20 minutes.
- There are more than 800 million Facebook users.
- Over 50% of Facebook users log in every day – Just so that you are keeping count, that is more than 400 million people every day that use Facebook.
- Facebook is the most used U.S. website in the world.
- Over half of Facebook users say they are more likely to buy from a business that they follow on Facebook.
- Over 60% of Twitter users say they are more likely to buy from a business that they follow on Twitter.
- There are more than 200 million Twitter users.
- About 50% of Twitter users log in only about once a week.
- About 50% of Twitter users log in about three to four times a week.
- Those that use social media online are usually more influential in the offline world. This means that you will want to empower your online social media fans to be your brand advocates.
- Businesses that post to their social media platforms at least once day will reach only about 20% of their fans in a given week.
- Twenty percent of social network users are likely to visit another social media site after leaving the last one.
- 81% of small business owners are using social media to get in front of new customers.
- Small business owners use Facebook 86% of the time, LinkedIn 41% of the time, and Twitter 33% of the time.
- Over half of small business owners report garnering new customers through social media.
The good news about social media is that it is still on the rise and one of the safest bets for growing a large audience and getting your message out there. Enjoy building your fan base.